Todayís column is dedicated to those of you who
have written in to ask for unforgettable pick-up lines. Iíve compiled the following ideas
from your fellow readers:
Flattery will get you
- Do you have a map? I keep getting lost in your
- Are you okay? Because itís a long fall from heaven.
- You might be
asked to leave soon. Youíre making the other women look bad.
- Thatís amazing!
Youíre eyes are the exact same color as my Lamborghini.
Bluntness intimidates the weak and intrigues the
- Excuse me; I lost my phone number. Can I have
- Hey, somebody farted. Letís get out of here!
- Hi, can I buy you a
- Iím new in town. Can I have directions to your
- Can I buy you a drink, or do you just want the money?
- Is that
Windex? Because I can see myself in your pants.
- If youíre going to regret this in
the morning, we can sleep in till noon.
Relatively funny come-ons:
- You must be from Pearl Harbour, ícause, Baby, youíre the
- With every passing minute, weíre that much closer to death. Live a little
and have a drink with me.
- Am I having a hot flash, or is it just you?
weíll always have Paris.
I borrow a quarter? I want to call my mom to tell her I just met my future
- Is your daddy a thief? Then who stole the sparkle of the stars and put them
in your eyes?
- Your father must be an alien, because thereís nothing else like you
- If I followed you home,
would you keep me?
- Was it love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
canít find my puppy; can you help me find him? I think he went into a cheap motel
- Are your legs tired? Because youíve been running through my mind all day
- Kiss me if Iím wrong, but havenít we met before?
crazy enough to work:
- If I could rearrange the alphabet, Iíd put U and
- You have the academic look I just lust after.
- You look like a
smart person whoís heard every line in the book; so whatís one more?
Ways to reject pick-up lines:
- Hi -- the voices in my head told me to come over
and talk to you.
- Man: So,
what do you do for a living?
Woman: Female impersonator.
- Man: How do you
like your eggs in the morning?
- Question: Havenít we
Rejection: Yes, I work at the local V.D. Clinic.
Havenít I seen you someplace before?
Rejection: Yes, thatís why I donít go there
- Question: Hey baby, whatís your sign?
Ouch! Have you ever asked someone to dance, only to be rejected
with a nasty retort or a snobbish tone? Well, Kim Martin from London recommends these
- Question: Want to dance?
Answer: No, (eye
roll) thank you.
Come back: Donít thank me. Thank God somebody asked
- Question: Would you like to dance?
Answer: Not with you.
back: Iím sorry, you must have misunderstood me. I said you look fat in those
Special thanks to Kim, Liz, Janet, Tom, Bernie, and Louis
for providing the funniest lines.
After trying these you may still be
single, but at least youíll be smiling.
Have a question, a thought,
or a story to share (anonymity guaranteed)? E-mail Christine at: